Why Become A Member?
The Center for Retail Merchandising and Product Development carries out a wide spectrum of activities including; inspiring student interest in retail careers, providing educational materials, offering continuing education programs, sponsoring events, serving as a resource center for retailing , and helping develop retail education programs for undergraduates.
With three levels of membership at The Retail Center, every company is sure to find their best fit. With each level comes different benefits. A partnership with The Retail Center allows for opportunities to grow your business while simultaneously giving back to our passionate students by:
Provide input into a dynamic curriculum:
- Share real-time industry trends with faculty for curriculum development
- Help shape tomorrow’s retail and product development leaders to fit industry needs
- Interact with Center members twice annually
Create a visibility strategy for your company on campus which might include the following:
- One-on-One Planning Strategy each semester
- Priority for guest lecturing in RMPD Classes
- Host campus visits and information sessions with RMPD students
- Company representative(s) speaking at RMPD student organization meetings.
- Advertise job postings and corporate events to RMPD students
Create an employer of choice strategy for your company which might include the following:
- Priority given to make one annual presentation at the Scholarship Dinner or Retail Summit
- Develop profile of company culture and match qualified students
- Sponsor table(s) at the Fall Scholarship Dinner
- Donate funds for a scholarship
Receive an E-newsletter fall and spring semester that will feature:
- Internship success stories
- Retail Center event updates
- Facts on internships